PK|Phantom Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PK|Phantom Knights

Forum for Phantom Knights! Armagetron Advanced Clan

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for Server Hoster

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lover$Boy
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Lover$Boy

Looking for Server Hoster Empty
PostSubject: Looking for Server Hoster   Looking for Server Hoster Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 12:08 am

Hey Clan Member Smile

I've been working on a few servers for the clan but I am having difficulty hosting them because of a few family problems and what not.

So I'm looking for someone to host our clan servers if they are generous enough to o that for us.

If you are interested in hosting the servers, then email me these details:

Armagetron Login ID: <name>@forums(I don't need password as all I want to do is make you

Email them to me to my email address: zodiacsohma1@gmail.com

This is what the login levels will be for all the servers:
  • Server Hoster: Owner
  • LoverBoy: Owner
  • Fear: Admin

I hope this will be fair for everyone and the hoster. I'm half in mind to make Alma Moderator but I don't know her Armagetron Login ID so idk...

If you want to compile a server, follow the tutorial that I have written: Running_Multiple_Servers_In_a_Single_Ubuntu_Computer. It says "Ubuntu" but trust me ... it can be used in any linux computer Smile

Last edited by Lover$Boy on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hexi
Clan Member
Clan Member
Hexi

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Server Hoster   Looking for Server Hoster Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 1:12 am

I would be happy to LoverBoy ^_^ sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.NormalyDisabled.WordPress.Com
Lover$Boy
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Lover$Boy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Server Hoster   Looking for Server Hoster Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 1:40 am

Alright then give me your email an I'll email you with all the stuff you need to setup the server but remember, you first need to compile the server or this won't work Smile

Use this tutorial that I've written ... it's very helpful: Running_Multiple_Servers_In_a_Single_Ubuntu_Computer

Hope to see your reply.
Back to top Go down
Fear
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Fear

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Server Hoster   Looking for Server Hoster Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:16 am

Im too lazy to email you atm, so im gonna post it on here. Fear@forums is my login ID.
Back to top Go down
https://phantomknights.forumotion.com
Lover$Boy
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Lover$Boy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Server Hoster   Looking for Server Hoster Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 7:49 am

Right thanks. Much appreciated.

My login ID is LOVER$BOY@forums so people can identify me as the real me Smile
Back to top Go down
Hexi
Clan Member
Clan Member
Hexi

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Server Hoster   Looking for Server Hoster Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Loverboy, I ran into a problem when setting up the server with your guide, and I need your help. Get on Skype? I should be on the whole day.
Back to top Go down
Hexi
Clan Member
Clan Member
Hexi

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Server Hoster   Looking for Server Hoster Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 10:35 pm

Come on dude, I was just on -_-
Back to top Go down
Lover$Boy
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Lover$Boy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Server Hoster   Looking for Server Hoster Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 9:44 pm

You can be the hoster for now Hexi but I think I can host the servers myself from the end of the year.

Mum said she can't help me right now at this point of time because I'm busy with my University and she's busy with her work seeing as this is the end of year business and work load for her will be large but she said she'll help me out once that's all cleared out Smile

Being hoster also means some rules apply to you as well...

If you or anyone misuses the admin powers or someone tells me that's whats happening with the servers or if i catch you misusing the powers, you can say goodbye to being the server hoster for the clan. I'm being dead serious on this Hexi if you think I'm simply joking.

One thing I hate the most about admins is when they misuse the powers that they were given!!!. So I'm hoping I won't hear any complaints or catch any admin at it.

You are now warned!

btw ... what my mum does for a living? She works as a Computer/Software Engineer.
Back to top Go down
Alma
Division Leader
Division Leader

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Server Hoster   Looking for Server Hoster Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Lover$Boy wrote:
I'm half in mind to make Alma Moderator but I don't know her Armagetron Login ID so idk...

well its just

Alma@forums

and LOL I had almost forgot my password, since i've been using auto login for so long.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tronchicks.forumotion.com
Hexi
Clan Member
Clan Member
Hexi

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Server Hoster   Looking for Server Hoster Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Lover$Boy wrote:
You can be the hoster for now Hexi but I think I can host the servers myself from the end of the year.

Mum said she can't help me right now at this point of time because I'm busy with my University and she's busy with her work seeing as this is the end of year business and work load for her will be large but she said she'll help me out once that's all cleared out Smile

Being hoster also means some rules apply to you as well...

If you or anyone misuses the admin powers or someone tells me that's whats happening with the servers or if i catch you misusing the powers, you can say goodbye to being the server hoster for the clan. I'm being dead serious on this Hexi if you think I'm simply joking.

One thing I hate the most about admins is when they misuse the powers that they were given!!!. So I'm hoping I won't hear any complaints or catch any admin at it.

You are now warned!

btw ... what my mum does for a living? She works as a Computer/Software Engineer.

Alright. I'll be doing the stuff to get the server back up today, maybe later... I'm kinda tired.. Expect the HR server to be back up by at least next early-morning.
Back to top Go down
Lover$Boy
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Lover$Boy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Server Hoster   Looking for Server Hoster Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 6:27 am

I've done with my settings. With the current settings, the server will stay idle for a whole year Razz .

I'm emailing them to you soon. They will be in a archived folder called "armagetronad.zip".

I've also got instructions along with them. They're in the "Read Me.txt" file not that you need me to tell you that Razz

I hope it goes well.
Back to top Go down
Lover$Boy
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Lover$Boy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Server Hoster   Looking for Server Hoster Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:03 am

... mmm ... the servers ...

I've been checking on the game every day to see if the servers are up but it looks like none of them are up.

To Hexi: <-- Hexi is the hoster of our clan servers

1) What's taking the servers so long?
2) Are you facing difficulties installing the dedicated server in your Ubuntu?
3) Are you having trouble running or even starting the servers?

If you require assistance, please tell me. If you have some kind of ego against help from others, please don't place it against me. I'm more than happy to help if you're having trouble.

Please tell me seeing as I don't know WHAT to think of this silence.

The longer this silence, the more worried I get.
Back to top Go down
Hexi
Clan Member
Clan Member
Hexi

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Server Hoster   Looking for Server Hoster Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 4:18 am

I am having problems, in fact. I hosted the servers for maybe about... 5 minutes. waited, and when they were running, still, nothing. Only the High Rubber server showed on the master server list. So, if you could get on Skype, or something, that would be helpful.
Back to top Go down
Lover$Boy
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Lover$Boy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Server Hoster   Looking for Server Hoster Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 5:28 am

Check to see if TALK_TO_MASTER 1 is set in all the settings_custom.cfg

Check in your port forwarding to see that you've selected port ranges from 4534 to 4540.

Each server takes up a port so you will need to open more ports.

The servers that the game loads when you enter "Internet Multi-player" will be within these ports: 4534 to 4540. So I suggest you select the ranges from ports 4534 to 4540. This allows you to host 7 servers.

Check that out but if you're still having trouble, say so and I'll try to be on in one of these days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Server Hoster   Looking for Server Hoster Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for Server Hoster
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PK|Phantom Knights :: General Discussion :: Announcements-
Jump to: