PK|Phantom Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PK|Phantom Knights

Forum for Phantom Knights! Armagetron Advanced Clan

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BRAWL ended

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
solarcold
Clan Member
Clan Member
solarcold

BRAWL ended Empty
PostSubject: BRAWL ended   BRAWL ended Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 2:57 pm

Okay now. I want to thank everyone.
The CTF BRAWL started 17:00 GMT. Right at the time i came to the server.

I want to thank Shy for coming when it was already late and Hexi for not coming at all. That was a pretty experience.
I was playing against the ~Ux team, which seemed to be equally wonderful. Since there was only one of them present too (it was U~Reg), we played 1v1, cuz no one knew what to do in such situation. I won the first match, but then felt that was useless. If I won, I would have faced the DpG team all alone. I lost matches 2 and 3 1vs1, and then Shy came. That's a good sign, the ignorance at least was not total. The match 4 was lost too, just like the whole tournament.

I can understand everything, but if you were not really willing to compete - was it that hard to at least inform me?
Back to top Go down
Lover$Boy
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Lover$Boy

BRAWL ended Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL ended   BRAWL ended Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:38 am

I'm glad that you had fun even tho we did loose. I'm a little disappointed but still, we ca learn many great things from this failure.

I'm not impressed that Hexi missed the tournament completely. Need to find out his reason for missing it totally.

I'm pleased that Shy showed up ... even tho it was already late but still he got there which is good.

From this experience, I would say that we need to be more organised and better prepared.

1) Pick the right people who can come to the tournaments.
2) Inform us one week before the tournament if there's a problem with making it.

I'm seriously considering re-organizing the clan. I'm not even sure what kind of players we really have and most of them don't even post or do anything on the website other than register.

This means it's time to impose rules that the clan members must follow in order to be in the clan. We were unorganized for these past few weeks as I was busy with my stuff but now that it's holidays, I think it's time I get more serious with this.

Tell me if I'm wrong in thinking this way.
Back to top Go down
solarcold
Clan Member
Clan Member
solarcold

BRAWL ended Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL ended   BRAWL ended Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:02 am

Frankly speaking, i had no fun. I spent hour waiting for teammates because I really counted on them to come. Because of that I missed F1 Canadian GP Qualifying on TV, for which I was waiting for 2 weeks. Seems like I did it in vain.

I think everyone in the clan needs to be tested. We should contact every single one and set a date or time when we can see their skill, then we decide about them staying. If the one does not appear reachable, it will say a lot, won't it? And i don't think we should hire 14y.o people or lower, because such people are never serious enough. That's my proposal.

I also request that you do not make me a team leader again, thats not a kind of thing I can do good enough, at least until I feel like being a team leader.

I saw Shy that day before and told him the exact time of the tournament; he said he will come.
Back to top Go down
Hexi
Clan Member
Clan Member
Hexi

BRAWL ended Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL ended   BRAWL ended Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:27 pm

I woke up at 4:00 today and the first thing on my mind was: Armagetron. Then I thought about PK; then, came to my mind, the CTF Tourney. Although in advance I knew this ws going to be failed, but I still tried to keep some practice times up... But, sadly even I failed at coming to the tournament.
One of the reasons is because time zones are confusing as hell, and I hate them, never get the times right. And because I was at the Witchata Kansas River Festival with my girlfriend. Also, my computer has been overheating because my fan has stopped working, so I wouldn't have been much help anyway.

I truly am sorry for not attending, Solar. I am disappointed greatly in myself... I though that I might at least be able to make it, but it seems conditions were given, and I was set-up to fail by God, if you believe in such. Which is my, I hate that cursed figure.

I shall not put myself onto a tourney team, or even put the thought that I wish to be in one, because, quite frankly, I'm still very unorganized, and do not have enough skill to do much but... just be there in the clan.

And as for Solar's thing about age, tbh, I'm quite younger than 14, about 1 1/4 younger, actually. I'm 12. So if the requirement is made, I will resign from the clan without a fuss.

Thank you for your time, and good-bye for now.

- PK:Hexi
P.S. If there are any errors in the text above, sorry, I wrote it kinda fast.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NormalyDisabled.WordPress.Com
Lover$Boy
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Lover$Boy

BRAWL ended Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL ended   BRAWL ended Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 10:22 pm

Well im sorry to hear that you missed something you've been waiting for so long just to play in the tournament.

ok solar ... I won't make you team leader until you feel up to the job.

I agree that the whole clan needs to be organised considering there are members who simply register on the website but never post or do anything on the website.

I also agree to what solar said about testing the whole clan again. The way the clan is, I don't think the clan can survive for much long.

I agree that we need good players but we also need players who will be active in the clan activity.

Hexi I understand how you feel. Frankly speaking I'm feeling the same way but I never could make it to the tournament seeing as the tournament will be on at 2:00, that's morning time for me, which is a time i'm not allowed to be on at. I'm not even supposed to be awake at that time.

I think an age restriction should be a good idea but 14 is pushing a little high. Maybe an age limit only to the age of 12 and also how long they've been playing for like say ... 5 months? How does that sound?

I know shy's problem which is unsolvable. He plays the game but whenever his father or mother comes, he has to go before he gets in trouble.

Tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
solarcold
Clan Member
Clan Member
solarcold

BRAWL ended Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL ended   BRAWL ended Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:18 am

Okay, 12 y o will also be nice, considering how good Hexi is. The most important quality is good tronning and responsibility of course. Hexi is an important figure in the clan and I never meant him resigning, of course.

I see Hexi had problems with attending the tournament, so I have no problem with that. I just hope we will be okay for the next one.

As for recent Lover's proposals, I second all of them.
Back to top Go down
Hexi
Clan Member
Clan Member
Hexi

BRAWL ended Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL ended   BRAWL ended Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:16 am

Thank you, Solar.
I also third all said above by LoverBoy.
Back to top Go down
Lover$Boy
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Lover$Boy

BRAWL ended Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL ended   BRAWL ended Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:50 am

Thank you guys.

I'm appreciate how you understand what I'm trying to do.

I also admit that Hexi is a good player and a good member of our clan so there's no way I can afford to loose such a person from our midst.

So can I say this post can be locked?
Back to top Go down
Hexi
Clan Member
Clan Member
Hexi

BRAWL ended Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL ended   BRAWL ended Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:38 am

I'd say it be locked, as nothing more needs be said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BRAWL ended Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL ended   BRAWL ended Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BRAWL ended
Page 1 of 1